Summer Music Academy 2013
Ministry of culture of Ukraine
Main department of culture of Kyiv City State Administration
The International Charitable Fund of the Vladimir Horowitz Competition
R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music
International Summer Music Academy
28 June - 11 July 2013
What is Academy?
Every summer Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, welcomes everyone, who wants to improve professional skills, to enjoy communication with music, to present the art of music for Kyiv residents and guests of the capital.
Those who wish can study at the Academy regardless age, nationality or professional level.
Studies take place at the oldest music educational establishment in Ukraine -
the R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music (Kyiv, 31 Tolstogo str.)
Academy program offers the following master classes:
1. Solo performance (piano, violin, viola, cello)
6 classes, 45 minutes each
2. Play with orchestra
6 classes, 45 minutes each, one rehearsal and a performance with orchestra
3. Ensemble classes (chamber, piano, strings etc.)
4. Practical course of ancient and modern dance
5. History and cultural traditions of Kiev (excursions)
6. Concert practice
The master classes are given by:
Play with orchestra:
Yakov Kasman (USA). Lessons are given in Russian and English.
Yuriy Kot (Ukraine). Lessons are given in Ukrainian, English, Serbian and Russian.
Vadim Rudenko(Russia). Lessons are given in Russian and English.
Play with orchestra
Mark Lakirovich (USA). Lessons are given in Russian and English.
Oleg Pokhanovski (Canada). Lessons are given in Russian and English
Play with orchestra
Mikhail Kugel (Belgium). Lessons are given in German, English, Hebrew and Russian
Play with orchestra
Vladimir Panteleyev (USA). Lessons are given in Russian and English.
Master - class "Play with orchestra" is accompanied by the National Academic Honoured Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine
People's Artist of Ukraine,
Laureate of the Taras Shevchenko National Premium of Ukraine
Participants of Summer Music Academy choose one or several master-classes and supervised by the teachers/professors. We'll keep you posted on new classes and proposals.
"Practical course of ancient and modern dance"
The course is free
We hope that the students of the Academy will be very interested to travel back to the Baroque era. Through the dance, students can feel the atmosphere, rhythm and space from old times.
Head of the course is the leading expert in this field, Master of Arts - Iulia Vash (Ukraine)
Moreover, the students have the opportunity to improve their physical form, relax and enjoy the elements of rhythm, energy of modern dance, which will held by Anna Gega (Ukraine)
Ensemble classes(optional) *
The course is free. The course consists of 5 lessons.
All the academy teachers will lead/present their ensemble classes.
The course includes playing in the instrumental ensembles of various performers.
We strongly believe this course will be interesting for the students of the Academy. This course will provide an invaluable opportunity for representatives of various national schools, also for professionals and amateurs, to speak the language of the Music. And it will decorate the concert programs of the Academy.
* Free Ensemble Class is available for participants of the Solo and/ or Playing with Orchestra Master Classes ONLY.
Сonsiderable attention in program of the Academy is focused on widely varied concert practices in the International festival "Kyiv summer music evenings". The students' performances will be held in the concert hall, in the institutions, at the beautiful open-sky concert stage outside on the slopes of the Dnipro River and collect thousands of Kievans and guests.
The students of the Academy will be able to play solo, in the ensemble and with an orchestra.
In the concert programs of the festival, the recognized professional musicians, teachers of Summer Music Academy and guests of Festival, will play along with young performers.
In addition to classes and concerts, the Academy program offers the students an acquaintance with history, culture and traditions of Ukraine and its ancient capital.
Two weeks will be memorable for the participants of the Summer Music Academy.
Days full of classes, socializing with outstanding teachers, performers, conductors, along with the concert performances will be unforgettable experience for young artists and music fans.
How to apply?
Everyone who would like to improve their professional skills should be sent the application to:
Lidia Kovtiukh, Summer Music Academy
R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music
31, Tolstogo St.
Kyiv 01032, Ukraine
Tel.: +38 (044) 288 32 38+38 (044) 288 32 38; +38 (044) 288 15 66+38 (044) 288 15 66
Fax: +38 (044) 288 32 68
A completed application form with a personal signature is an agreement to abide by the terms stated in the prospectus.
There is a preliminary selection for those who wish to play with an orchestra.
For this you must send a video of the piece you have selected (you may be accompanied by piano) with your application form.
Deadline for receipt of applications is June 1, 2013.
• Application forms received after June 1, 2011 will not be considered.
• If the Administration receives more applications than can be accommodated, the master class will be formed taking into account the dates the applications are received.
• The Administration reserves the right to cancel the master-class in any given specialty if fewer than 5 applications are received for the specialty; in that event, applicants will be informed before the start of the Academy.
Information about your acceptance as a participant of the Summer Music Academy you can obtain after 10 June 2013 by e-mail email@example.com
Also you can check this information on our web-site: www.horowitzv.org
Arrival and registration will be June 28, 2013 from 10.00 a.m to 13.00 p.m.
at the R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music
31, Tolstogo Str.
How to study in the Academy?
• Classes of the Summer Music Academy will be held from 29 June to 11 July inclusively at the R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music
Classes of Summer Music Academy stipulate an active form of participation and are open to the participants of the Academy and to the public.
The schedule of classes will be planed by the Administration of the Summer Music Academy
• Students of the Summer Music Academy are provided with:
- facilities for practicing,
- concert halls for solo, ensemble and orchestra performances,
- professional orchestra for performances of soloists with orchestra,
- accompanists for violin, viola and cello classes
- during the study at the Academy participants can use the library of the R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music.
- students can stay either in the Hostel of the R.Glier Kyiv Institute of Music (22, Dashavskogo str.), or in the Hotel "Capital hostel" (26, Yaroslaviv Val str.)
- Institute cafeteria will be opened for the Academy students and staff, serving delicious and inexpensive food and drinks.
Students will be able to choose a master-class with one or more teachers. Please indicate your option in your Application form.
• During the Summer Music Academy participants are expected to perform in the concerts. That's why, participants must include in their repertoire pieces for concert performances.
• If you would like to study certain program in the ensemble classes, please indicate it in your Application - this will be considered, when ensemble and concert programs are being formed
• After taking master classes participants will receive a certificate of International Summer Music Academy.
Interpreter services are not provided.
Participants of the master classes should provide the orchestra with the scores and orchestral parts.